Accelerate your ministry experience!
Interested in serving or growing in ministry? The Overflow Internship will give you real-world, hands-on experience to live in God’s presence, walk in God’s power and share it with those you are called to serve.
You will dive into the day to day of life in ministry and have a more clear view of your call, gifts, and power through the Holy Spirit. Our internship program will put you side by side with the Overflow team to develop your relational, ministry, and leadership skills.
Purpose of the Internship
- To identify, train, and invest in those desiring to serve or go into ministry.
- To develop skills, gifts, and ministry experience through hands-on ministry opportunities and personal relationships.
- To have interns serve the ministry areas to which they are assigned and meaningfully contribute to the existing work of Overflow.
- To reach more people with the mission of Overflow by supporting, training, and offering opportunities for interns to go for God through a passion project.
- To help interns discern a call for ministry.
Expectations of Interns
- Demonstrate a healthy, growing relationship with Christ and demonstrate a lifestyle above reproach.
- Desire to seek after God even when it is uncomfortable.
- Embrace the movement of the Holy Spirit.
- Participate in and attend all intern trainings, meetings, and events for the duration of the internship.
- Exhibit a teachable heart and willingness to grow, learn, and take initiative.
- Be a team player by engaging with our team and the people we serve.
- Spend 15 hours per week on assignments, services, relationship building, and your ministry areas.
- Understand the need to be flexible in the shifting environment of ministry.
Responsibilities of Interns
- Help nurture a culture of passionate pursuit of God within our team and the people we serve.
- Fully integrate in the internship by attending all intern trainings, meetings, and events for the duration of the internship.
- Complete projects, assignments, and responsibilites on time to the best of your ability.
- Meaningfully contribute to your specific ministry areas.
- The Overflow Internship is unpaid.
- Interns are encouraged to seek part-time employment which should not be scheduled for Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday nights or Sunday mornings.
- Interns are encouraged to raise a monthly financial support goal.
Internships run on a 3 or 6 month rolling basis.
- Overflow Church Services (Every Sunday)
- Internship Fellowship Meal (1/Week)
- Overflow Prayer Services (1/Week)
- Internship Training (1/Week)
- Presence & Power Nights (Last Friday of Month)
- Leader One-on-one (2/Month)
- Special Events (TBD)
- Worship & Arts
- Family & Marriage
- Youth Ministry
- Intercession & Prayer
- Justice & Mercy Works
- Operations & Administration
- Outreach & Evangelism
- Pastoral Care & Community Life
- Speaking & Teaching
- Media & Technology
Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
*At this time, we can not accept international students, but we are hoping to change that in the future.